• 9345 Princeton-Glendale Road, Hamilton, OH 45011
  • |Contact Us
Call Your Local Pros Today! (513) 341-8918

What Are the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation Options?

Every insulating product has the same goal in mind: to reduce heat loss in the winter and heat gain in the summer. This has the positive effect of making your home more efficient, which helps you save money on your energy bills and reduce the emissions associated with heating and cooling your home. This is good news for the environment, but if you want to go one step further, you can choose an eco-friendly insulation material!

What Is the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?


This insulating material is considered one of the most environmentally friendly because it’s made of 80 to 85 percent recycled newsprint. Who knew you could insulate your home with yesterday’s news? The remaining 15 percent consists of borax, boric acid or ammonium sulfate to make the newsprint fibers more fire resistant. Borate-based flame retardants have the added benefit of helping repel insects, all while remaining safe for use.

Cellulose insulation is more eco-friendly than other materials. It provides R-values of around R-3.5 per inch, similar to fiberglass, but contains a higher percentage of recycled content.

Cellulose is available as a loose-fill product that requires a specialized machine to blow into place. You can install it on open attic floors, in existing walls and more. By blowing the cellulose through small holes, you can increase the insulation level here with no need to tear the wall apart.

Spray Foam

Spray foam is one of the most efficient insulation materials out there, providing an impressive R-value of up to R-6.5 per inch. This is the first reason spray foam is considered environmentally friendly—you don’t need as much to achieve adequate R-values. It’s also possible to find polyurethane spray foam made from soy or vegetable oil instead of petroleum, a characteristic that makes it even better for the environment.


Since it’s primarily made of common salt and can be recycled at the end of its lifespan, vinyl insulation is a great option for eco-friendly insulation. Vinyl is often used as a facing material for fiberglass insulation. Fiberglass slows the movement of hot air, helping to insulate a building efficiently in all seasons. Then, a black or white vinyl facing laminated to the fiberglass provides a vapor barrier to prevent moisture from passing through.

Install Eco-Friendly Insulation in Cincinnati, OH

If the benefits of eco-friendly insulation appeal to you, choose Mooney & Moses Insulation to perform the installation at your home or business in Cincinnati. We’ll help you achieve the insulation levels you need to keep your home comfortable and efficient.

Contact us online or call (513) 341-8918 today to get your project started!

See Coupons & Specials

Products We Install

Our insulation team add energy efficiency, comfort & value to homes & buildings.

Closets & Shelving

We install quality shelving and storage solutions for your home.

Shower Doors

We offer a large assortment of shower doors to meet every need.


From standard sizes to custom cuts, we offer all types of mirrors.

Are You Sure?
Stay on Page
You are about to leave this Mooney & Moses Insulation and enter a third-party site. Mooney & Moses Insulation and Installed Building Products have no control over, and accept no liability, obligation, or responsibility for, the contents or performance of other websites. Any such link does not constitute an endorsement or any representation regarding, the linked website, its content, its owner, its performance, its owner’s products or services, or any forward-looking statements found in.
Leave Page
Stay on Page